We’re hiring: (experienced) front-end developer
Oefenweb.nl, a successful spin-off of the University of Amsterdam, develops web-based adaptive training-tracking systems for the educational market. The most significant products are Rekentuin.nl and Taalzee.nl, which are used by around 20% of Dutch elementary schools. Together these children complete 1.5 million exercises per day.
These adaptive training-tracking systems are based on innovative algorithms that require innovative ICT solutions. In the coming future we will be upscaling our systems for larger use, with new games and new training-tracking systems.
Oefenweb.nl has an enthusiastic and multidisciplinary team that is looking for a versatile ICT developer with skills in front-end and game development.
• You will develop high-quality front-end code for a large variety of parts of our existing and new applications.
• You will participate in advancing the architecture of our front-end code. It is important that this code is scalable, reusable and testable.
• You will stay up to date with the latest developments in the field of web development and you will apply these to our applications.
• You will take an active part in brainstorm sessions with other team members. These sessions can be both content- as well as technically-minded.
• We work according to the Scrum/Agile methods and use Jira and Bitbucket/GitHub for software development.
• Minimum 3 years of experience as a front-end developer
• Relevant higher education
• Commitment, enthusiasm and the ability to work in a team.
• You have broad experience with:
◦ Building HTML(5) markup
◦ CSS (Less)
• You are experienced/familiar with:
◦ Writing Object Oriented PHP code
◦ Responsive web design and development (Bootstrap)
◦ Revision control (GIT)
◦ MVC frameworks (such as CakePHP, Symphony)
◦ Knowledge of browser quirks and compatibility issues
◦ Experience with front-end development for touch devices
◦ Experience with developing wordpress themes/plugins
What do we offer?
A dynamic function in a young and enthusiastic team. An appointment for 4-5 days per week. Salary depends on your background and experience. On top of this you receive 8% holiday allowance and a combined pension scheme. Our work conditions allow flexible work times, 30 holidays (in case of full-time employment) and travel expense reimbursement.
Mail your CV and a motivation letter before 1st May 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org.